Start Fresh.
Start Right.
Start With Us.

What To Do If My Kid Doesn’t Want To Do Overnight Visits Or Phone Calls With The Other Parent?

Latest News

Question: What to do if my kid doesn’t want to do overnight visits or phone calls with the other parent?


The advice to this situation depends heavily on whether or not you have a Court order directing timesharing, as you do not want to be in violation of a Court Order. But if it remains to be an issue you can ask the Court to modify the timesharing and share the issues. You can ask that your child and their parent to attend reunification therapy in order to determine the best mode for reunification and to allow your child some say and a safe space to discuss their concerns directly with the other parent. If the issues are really egregious, a more aggressive approach can be taken in asking for a Guardian ad Litem to advocate for the child or for a Social Investigation if you believe one is necessary.

Attorney Erin E. Morse

Related Articles