Start Fresh.
Start Right.
Start With Us.

I Got Served Custody Papers From My Ex 4 Days Ago

Latest News

Question: I got served custody papers from my ex 4 days ago. What do I need to do now? I live in Miami Dade and he lives in Orange County


Depending on some additional facts you may have the ability to ask the court to move the case to the county where you and the minor child live. This is relevant if the child lives with you as well. You should speak with an attorney as soon as possible if there are concerns over the safety of the child. Be mindful of the date in which you must respond to the paperwork, as this is very important for you to address so that there are no adverse consequences. Make sure you address all of the allegations appropriately. As always, this answer does not constitute an attorney-client relationship, and ensuring you have competent counsel is very important for your case and protecting your child.

Attorney Erin E. Morse

Related Articles