Question: Can I move out of state with my children without my husband if we are separated ?

Answer: IF you are to move out of state and there is no pending divorce or other custody case, you can move. However, you must inform your Husband and tell him where his children are. Because the children were born during the marriage, you both have custody of the children until there is a Court Order which states otherwise.

Attorney Erin E. Morse