Q: Can I enroll my child in a different school without her father consenting to it?

A: If you are not married and there is no parenting plan. You have the ability to make this choice for your child. If you do have a parenting plan, you should review your parenting pal for guidance. However, if you are married, this is different. If you and your husband do not have a divorce, there are no legal barriers to you for enrolling the children in the school of your choice. You and your husband have full custody of your children. It could be a shared parenting issue or factor in the event of a divorce, if one is not yet pending the only concern you will have is if they were to raise this lack of shared parenting with the court. But, since your children need to be enrolled somewhere in school, you probably need to simply enroll them.

Attorney E. Morse