All divorces can be stressful, confusing and emotional. When one or both spouses are in the military, the complexities can increase significantly. Since military divorces involve additional legal issues which need to be properly addressed, you need an experienced Orlando Family Law Attorney by your side. Call us today to discuss your Orlando Military Divorce.
It is critical that you have an experienced Orlando Military Divorce Attorney who has a thorough understanding of military issues and has handled military divorce cases with success! Call the Law Office of Erin Morse today to discuss your case and how the status as a military spouse can affect your Orlando Divorce or your Orlando Child Custody matter.
While there are some aspects of a military divorce which are exactly like a civilian divorce, there are a number of unique issues associated with military service. Some of these issues include:
- Determining pension benefits for the non-military spouse;
- Deciding where to file divorce papers;
- Determining whether post-divorce benefits apply;
- Calculation of child support and spousal support;
- The 20/20/20, 20/20/15, and 20/20/10 Rules; and
- Ownership of a home which has a VA loan.